News Updates

Facebook Will Block Any Advertising Promoting Crypto-currency Products And Services.

The company said it was open to emerging technologies but many companies were not acting in "good faith" when extolling the virtues buying into virtual currencies.
Recently, a wave of new currencies have emerged, seeking to piggyback Bitcoin's huge increase in value.
Facebook urged users to report any ads the company's security measures missed.
It admitted it would not always catch every ad for a crypto-currency.
“We want people to continue to discover and learn about new products and services through Facebook ads without fear of scams or deception," wrote Rob Leathern, product management director for Facebook Business.
"That said, there are many companies who are advertising binary options, ICOs and crypto-currencies that are not currently operating in good faith.”

An ICO - initial coin offering - encourages people to buy into new crypto-currencies before they launch in the hope they are one day worth a lot more money as the coin becomes more popular.
Some companies have used ICOs as a way to raise great sums of money, but without the regulatory burden associated with raising cash though more traditional investment channels.
Because of this, many ICOs have simply disappeared, with little recourse for the "investor" - a loose term, since those who pay into ICOs do not typically get a genuine stake in the new company.
Deception worries
Using Facebook ads to generate "buzz" around a new scheme could be a particularly effective method, especially when paired with celebrity endorsement. Retired boxer Floyd Mayweather was criticised last year for promoting a cryto-currency that later became the target of a lawsuit alleging deception. Mr Mayweather has not been accused personally.
Raising money using an ICO has been banned in South Korea and China, and regulators in other countries are warning against getting involved.
The US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) this week said it had seized the assets of a firm that said it had raised $600m in its ICO.
Facebook said its new policy was "intentionally broad" and would evolve over time.
It states: "Ads must not promote financial products and services that are frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices, such as binary options, initial coin offerings, or crypto-currency."
Under the new policy, advertising using phrases such as "New ICO! Buy tokens at a 15% discount NOW!" or "Use your retirement funds to buy Bitcoin!" would not be permitted, Facebook said.
For Facebook, the move is the latest attempt to protect the integrity of its advertising platform, which over the past 12 months has been under fire for enabling Russian propaganda and other inappropriate content.

15 comments:

  1. Thanks much to you for such an awesome blog. What other places might one be able to get these sorts of information written in such an insightful way? I have an demonstration that I am currently working on, and I have been searching for such guidance about facebook ads updates
    Click on this link to learn more about other marketing stuffs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own Blog Engine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it. leveraged bitcoin trading

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value. Im glad to have found this post as its such an interesting one! I am always on the lookout for quality posts and articles so i suppose im lucky to have found this! I hope you will be adding more in the future... equipment

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please continue this great work and I look forward to more of your awesome blog posts. bitcoin to euro

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just the information I am finding everywhere. Thanks for your blog, I just subscribe your blog. This is a nice blog.. ufabet

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found this blog and have high hopes for it to continue. Keep up the great work, its hard to find good ones. I have added to my favorites. Thank You. Convert btc to eth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome article! I want people to know just how good this information is in your article. It’s interesting, compelling content. Your views are much like my own concerning this subject. How to invest in cryptocurrency and make money

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I’m impressed! Extremely useful info specially the last part I care for such information a lot. I was seeking this certain info for a long time. Thank you and good luck. bitcoin to paypal

    ReplyDelete
  9. It’s appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you few interesting things or advice. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I desire to read even more things about it! bitcoin crypto mining

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am happy to find this post Very useful for me, as it contains lot of information. I Always prefer to read The Quality and glad I found this thing in you post. Thanks free crypto trading bot

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice post! This is a very nice blog that I will definitively come back to more times this year! Thanks for informative post. exchanger24

    ReplyDelete
  12. The website is looking bit flashy and it catches the visitors eyes. Design is pretty simple and a good user friendly interface. https://professionalinvestmentcambodia.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi was just seeing if you minded a comment. i like your website and the thme you picked is super. I will be back. why invest in cambodia

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am thankful to you for sharing this plethora of useful information. I found this resource utmost beneficial for me. Thanks a lot for hard work. stz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the blog filled with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. Now my task has become as easy as ABC. cypherpunkholdings.com | HODL stock

    ReplyDelete